Packing tape dispensers can be a nuisance to use if you don’t have a basic understanding of how to operate one. Once perfected, however, these packing tape dispensers can save you a ton of time. If you’re taping several packages, they’re an absolute necessity!
Before taping and shipping a box, make sure you know the requirements of the shipping company you’re using. Certain materials and box sizes are more expensive to ship. Don’t get caught with unnecessary expenses and shipping fees. It’s also common for a shipping company to reject a poorly-taped package.
To use a packing tape dispenser:
1. Load the tape dispenser with the sticky side of the tape facing away from the blade edge.
2. Unfold your box and place it on a flat surface with the top facing down.
3. Use your dominant hand to handle the tape dispenser and your off-hand to pick the tape tab off the roll.
4. Put the end of the tape approximately ⅜ of the way down the side of the box.
5. Hold the tape on the box and pull the dispenser straight towards you.
6. Lay the tape on the box and continue pulling the dispenser until the entire bottom ridge is taped.
7. Finish pulling the tape until it is ⅜ of the way down the opposite side of the box.
8. Rotate the tape dispenser upwards until the blade edge cuts the tape away from the dispenser.
9. Firmly press the tape on the box.
10. Repeat steps 2-9 two more times, overlapping the tape by ½ for a stronger box.
11. Flip your box over and package your materials.
12. Repeat steps 2-10 to secure the top of the box.
Have any questions, comments? Head over to our Twitter or leave a comment below!